Saturday 5 September 2009

Dorset Steam











For the second year running, my family and I caravan-ed at the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Once a year the fair gathers old lorries, old classic cars, old steam engines etc from all over England and the continent for a few days in late August/early September. After 41 years, the Dorset Steam has become the biggest fair of its type in Europe. Alas, for non-enthusiasts like me, there are others types of entertainment such as the craft tent, the fun fair, the evening shows and the boot fair so full of vintage goodies. I saw so many old style rings, y'know the kind the Olsen twins love and I wanted one so badly. But guess wha? My mother wouldn't let me get one. Thanks mother.

Sorry the pictures are a bit lame. I don't know how some bloggers can get those amazing photos that record every detail of their journey. I was about to take a photo of an extremely colour and beautiful stall of hand painted Russian dolls in the craft tent when my dad spotted the "please do not photograph" sign. Saved from a potential awkward moment. I got in trouble a couple of times in China when I took pictures of things I shouldn't have. Those embarrassing moments still haunt me today.

It was a good trip but I'm glad to be in a house again. Nothing beats the comforts of your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy seeing you here. Thank you, xo.